Clondarrig Farm is delighted to be assisting N.O.T.S., the National Organic Training Skillnet in hosting renowned ecologist and author of “Silvopasture”, Steve Gabriel for a one day Agroforestry Training Workshop on November 4th in the Midlands Park Hotel, Portlaoise with a follow up tour of Clondarrig Farm.
Steve is an ecologist, educator, and forest farmer who has lived most of his life in the Finger Lakes region of New York. His personal mission is to reconnect people of all ages with the natural world and to provide the tools for good management of forests and other landscapes.
Course Content / Topics:
- The value of agroforestry
- What are the benefits of trees in an agroforestry situation
- How to design and plan an agroforestry approach
- Defining a Silvopasture
- General Benefits and Limitations
- Components of a Silvopasture: Livestock, Trees, Forages
- Success Stories
Date: Monday November 4th (10.00am – 5.00pm)
Venue: Midlands Park Hotel, Portlaoise, Co Laois, and Clondarrig Farm (John McHugh), Portlaoise R32 XV97
Cost: €70 (tea / coffee and hot lunch included) for N.O.T.S .members.